Home can be a home for the growth of mold. Any moist spot in the home such as ceiling tiles, crevice, dry wall, underside of carpet, furniture, ductwork, roofing, panelling, sinks, tubs and water pipes are a few ideal grounds breeding mold. Furthermore, mold can also spread from outside through doorways and windows, not to speak of the possibility of the same spreading through dresses, pets and other articles coming from outside. A mold is pernicious causing innumerable health hazards (acute allergic reactions). Symptoms of mold exposure are too many and it’s natural that you acquire some of the symptoms depending upon your exposure and inhalation of the air carrying the mold spores.

symptoms of mold exposure

 

These symptoms of mold exposure in home may start manifesting themselves either soon after exposure or after some period following exposure. The culprit is the mold and or its spores which easily spread through air. The symptoms reflect a sign of your health. Some typical 10 symptoms are discussed here for your benefit.

Precise prediction about the degree of health risks varies as the type and quantum of mold impacting the individuals and the level of their immune system. Symptoms of mold sickness are also accordingly different.

Mental illness:

Trichothecene mycotoxins produced by black mold are neurotoxic which kill the neurons in the brain, damaging an individual’s mental ability. They also cause nervous disorders like tremors, aside from causing mood changes and irritability. Some symptoms of the toxic mold exposure are: Lack of concentration, disorientation, hallucination, confusion, depression, anxiety, seizures, memory loss, trembling and numbness.

Circulatory ailments:

Toxic black mold mycotoxins find their way into human blood through eyes and skin giving rise to heart and blood problems. These reflect as symptoms like heart damage, inflammation, irregular heart beat, low blood pressure, bone marrow disruption, blood vomiting, bleeding in the brain and other organs and blood not clotting properly.

Skin problems:

When you handle mold-affected hay, you develop rashes and skin problems on your overall skin and the sweaty areas such as armpits. Symptoms for these appear as jaundice (yellowing of skin), skin inflammation, itchiness, blisters, crawling skin and rash.

Immune system suppression: When exposed to toxic black mold, you get afflicted with immunosuppressive problems easily falling in sickness and infections characterized by symptoms like defective immune system and frequent infections.

Respiratory symptoms:

Living in mold-affected homes, when you are heavily exposed to toxic black mold spores and mycotoxins, you get irritation, bleeding in the lungs and a burning sensation in your air ways –nose, throat and mouth.  Typical symptoms for these include difficulty in breathing, swelling and bleeding in the lungs, wheezing, coughing, itchy and runny nose and nose bleeds.

If you’re with a history of lung disease, you may develop still more complicated lung

ailments when you are exposed to molds and their spores. Hypersensitive neumonitis which

is similar to pneumonia, is found to be linked to short or long exposure to molds.

Eye problems and symptoms: Mold spores and mycotoxins in the home easily enter the eyes through air leading to injured and inflamed eyes with sight problems. Then, you have symptoms as blurry vision, jaundice, red eyes, eye inflammation and eye damage.

Reproductive system symptoms:

While at home, you get exposure to toxic mold mycotoxins which are teratogenic –creating problems in the fetus in pregnancy leading to birth defects. The typical symptoms are miscarriage, infertility, impotence and fetal problems.

Hair loss, weight loss and other symptoms:

Home exposure to toxic black mold also cause symptoms such as hair loss, weight loss, liver disease, hearing loss, coma and even death at times.

Fatigue symptoms:

Symptoms of black mold exposure in home include aches, pains, fatigue, pain in muscles, abdomen, joints and chest, fever, frequent colds, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. When you inhale the toxic mold spores, the immune system gives out a sedative called Chloral hydrate which is both slowing down the effects of black mold as well as making you tired.

Allergies and symptoms:

Being allergenic, toxic black mold spores, when inhaled while in home, cause allergic symptoms such as breathing difficulties, runny nose, sore eyes, sore throat, itchiness and sneezing.

When you withdraw from the toxic black mold atmosphere permanently, and after treatment, the symptoms of mold exposure too normally evanescent, but leaving you more enfeebled.