Mold spores can be found both indoors and outdoors. It is basically a fungi that grows and reproduce in the form of spores. Mold Spores in house looks like white or grayish in color and forms near the damp areas where moisture is accumulated. It may grow indoor or outdoor, and it sustains on damp, humid environments.

mold spores

How Mold Spores could affect your health?

  1. Mold Spores in Lungs:

Aspergillosis is an allergic reaction caused by various molds. Aspergillosis fumigatos is the type of mold that usually causes aspergillosis in some people, when they inhale the mold. People who have good immune system are not likely to get this but people who suffer from lung disease of have weak lung gets affected by it. The symptom for this includes coughing, wheezing, chest pain, fever or difficulty in breathing.

Mold Spores Symptoms: Generally Mold Spores are known to have allergic reactions, which could be as follows:

  • Cough: Due to the allergic reactions of molds, one can experience irritable cough frequently.
  • Irritation in the throat.
  • Problem is respiration: One could also face respiratory problems such as wheezing or might find it difficult to breathe.

All of these can finally affect the lung.

  1. Damp and mold:

The dampness created by mold near the air conditioning ducts can affect the children easily; they can start sneezing, coughing or can get runny nose, red eyes etc. Airborne Mold Spores could give rise to skin reactions, which feels like invisible bug bites, this is actually known as mold spores bite. If you are experiencing anything like this, time to check your air conditioner, humidifier, or other damp areas for molds. Sneezing: One could continuously sneeze, if he or she is allergic to mold spores.

  1. Mold Spores in food:

Though you can only see molds on food surface most of the time, like green on bread, white on cheese, small patches on fruits, its roots can be well inside depending upon how long it has been that way. It spreads very quickly through the food. It could cause allergic reactions, and some molds do produce poisonous substances that can make you really sick.Black Mold Spores could be serious threat to health and create complications.  Due to it one can get respiratory problems, skin problems, eye problems, immunity problems. It can also leave its effect on mental and neurological symptoms. Thankfully though, not all black mold spores are toxic and as harmful as such.

  1. Molds on wall surface:

Molds on wall surface give a pungent odor and usually grayish in color. If you are suffering from any kind of disease already, molds can make you even sicker. Molds on wall surface gives rise to allergic reactions causing rashes, itchy eyes etc.Rashes are common symptoms of molds, which can appear in any part of the body. You can get itchy, watery, red eyes due to the reaction as well.

  1. Molds near the Plumbing area:

Along with producing smell and infection, molds near the plumbing areas gives space to other insects as well which could drag in further infections. It could be the reason for Eczema and also can affect the children and old people. Molds produces allergens and many a times toxic substances.: It is very common to get Mold Spores In House in damp and humid areas like near the ducts, below the sinks, roof tiles, air conditioning ducts, under the carpet, wallpapers or anywhere near the plumbing areas. It can also enter from outdoors and be carried by pets, ventilators, open doors or windows. It can also appear on clothes or shoes. It could appear like spots and mostly with a pungent odor.

How Do You Kill Mold Spores?

  • Bleach: Bleach is the most effective way of killing indoor molds, but it can only be used to kill non-porous surfaces like glass, floors, ceilings, bath tubs,
  • Vinegar: You can directly spray vinegar in the affected areas to get rid of molds.
  • Tea Tree Oil: Though expensive it is the most natural effective agent to kill molds.
  • Detergent: Alternatively, you can also use detergent and warm water to scrub away the mold spores.